25/5/08

Sweden rocks!

Sweden, what do you think about when you hear that word? Ok, a typical answer could be blondes, Abba, Eurovision, maybe football, IKEA,...

Before coming here, hopefully I was aware that music didn't end up in Abba, Ace of Base or Roxette! Mando Diao and The Hives were some of my favourite bands and that was another reason to come here, for me a music maniac...

I've been thinking about making a kind of Swedish soundtrack for the days I've been here, with all these songs we have listened in the clubs, radio, or just in our computer and has something related to this country.
I think, now I have focused on my idea and I'm gonna do a set of posts with some of these songs. You are welcome to do it too ;)

This one is dedicated to my favourite songs. So, here I go:

Moneybrother - Down at the R
Another summer song coming from the swedes, I just don't understand why it didn't become single, it cheers me up as hell anytime I listen to it. Next! **UPDATED: Well, this one feels kinda guilty after listening to David Bowie's "Sound and vision". Maybe that's why it was never released as a single.

Lykke Li - Breaking it up
Something quiet. I thought about doing a remix of this one, cause I think it's got potential to make a more danceable version, but I finally didn't...

Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone (Mr. Miyagi Remix)
Mr. Miyagi made our nights several times, and this song is always welcome for a hooligan like me (and you).

Veronica Maggio - Måndagsbarn
It sounds like a Swedish Lily Allen, nice to check lyrics and practice your elementary Swedish.

Shout Out Louds - Impossible
Favourite band of my Swedish mentor student. I love this tune and the remix too, probably my song for the first two months in here. **UPDATED: This one feels kinda guilty as well after listening to Love is All's Felt Tip.

Vi ses!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario